I’m not sure if you are aware but… an out-of-date website is at risk of being hacked and/or infected with malware! A website is no longer a “set and forget” part of your business. As technology evolves, website software is constantly being updated to make it more secure, faster and more visible to search engines.
Just like Microsoft Office and your smartphone software needs updating, so too does your website. More importantly, though, your website is a crucial part of your business and therefore requires extra care to make sure it continues to perform its functions.
There are many reasons to keep a website up to date, however the 3 main reasons are;
“My website is not popular enough to be hacked!?”
Many businesses who run relatively small and obscure websites doubt that they could be the victim of an attack. However, given that many attacks are automated, just being on the internet makes you vulnerable to an attack.
The most common form of attack is in the form of phishing pages. Phishing webpages are for the sole purpose of stealing personal information from victims by impersonating well-known legitimate websites such as; banks and e-commerce.
A Content Management System (CMS) is a critical component in the creating and maintaining of websites and this kind of software is widely used on the internet which is why it’s often targeted when hackers are trying to take control of a website such as yours.
Almost everyone has heard of these systems WordPress, Drupal, Magento, etc. but what you may not realise is that these platforms that power your websites are actually pieces of software that need to be regularly updated.
“What do I do to prevent my website being hacked?”
If you’re not keeping your website CMS up to date, you’re not only endangering the security, you’re throwing away opportunities to get the most out of your site!!!
SECURITY THAT WOKS
We have a solution to secure and protect your website, all packages include…
|Secure SSL Certificate
24/7 Security Monitoring
Software / Plugin Updates
Detailed Monthly Reports
|Training Video (WordPress Only)
Online / Email Support
Variable Support Time
|Priority Website Support
Website Audit Review
Coaching Calls & Advice
Website Strategy Calls
Search Engine Optimisation
So you can make an informed decision, these are the benefits of our website care plans:
- Peace of mind that all software is up-to-date, secure against any unwelcome attacks and that your website is actually online and operational for your customers and users.
- Quick restore if anything goes wrong.
- Assistance with managing the content on your site.
- Continual improvement of search engine visibility and results (plan dependent).
Just in case you’re interested in the technical details, this is everything we actually do on the site on a daily, weekly and monthly basis:
- Weekly updates of all of your website software (including any third-party extensions) to make sure it is operating on the latest versions and is – – secure daily, weekly or monthly backups of your website and database files and storage on our secure offsite servers.
- Weekly scripts run for security monitoring of any potential threats to the site.
- Uptime monitoring to make sure the site is actually online and available to use.
- Content management updates and formatting of content to make sure the look and feel of the site is consistent with your brand style guide and aesthetic.
- Search engine best practices such as placing ‘alt’ text tags on all images and within metadata.
- Broken link checks to make sure no broken links exist on the site (search engines do not like broken links).
We also offer optional assistance with your online business strategy and objectives.
Full information about the support we offer is detailed on our website care plans page.